A blend of natural fruit, vegetable, bioflavonoids, phytochemicals, vitaminss and minerals will make for the best detox drink. Never try commercial detox drinks because they contain synthetic chemicals, which will not only prevent your body from detoxifying, but could actually add more chemicals to your body.
Fresh Fruit Detox Recipe
Fresh fruit detox drinks work very well because they are enriched with antioxidants, minerals and bioflavonoids which assist the body in flushing out toxins. The freshness of the fruits and the blend of different types of fruit are both factors in how effective the drink will be.
Always try to use organic fruits, meaning ones which are not treated with pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers; using inorganic fruits would be pointless, and they would simply add further chemicals to the body. Fruits like apples, strawberries and lemon will provide for an amazing tasting detox drink that will keep you coming back for more.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 cups of broccoli heads
- 2 cups of celery stalks
- 2 cups of red-skinned organic potato peels
- 2 quarts of distilled water
Method of Preparation
- First, chop all of the vegetables in small chunks.
- Mix all of the vegetables and place in the water, after it has been brought to a boil.
- When cooked, simply strain and enjoy!
A good smoothie is a perfect substitute for breakfast or to replenish you after exercise. Smoothies are beneficial to your body in a number of ways; while getting rid of waste and cleaning out your colon, they also give you a refreshing energy boost. They are also ideal for those who are looking to lose weight, as they are fat-free and filling.
High fiber fruits, citrus fruits, high fiber grains, high fiber seeds, sea salt
- You must have a high fiber fruit which will serve as the base of your smoothie. Fruits like pears or peaches (peel included) are a good start.
- Select a citrus fruit, such as an orange or a lemon, to enhance the flavor of your smoothie.
- Use grains of seeds to add that extra fiber to your smoothie to make it easier to excrete waste by “scraping” the colon clean. Some good ingredients to provide this would be flax seed, oatmeal or raw granola.
- Blend the ingredients together on high speed for a minute or so, and it is ready to drink! If you prefer, you can throw in a dash of salt for flavor.